ADVANCED PHYSICAL THERAPY
8 locations serving the Metro Detroit area for more than 27 years.
Advanced Physical Therapy specializes in delivering prompt and appropriate treatment for your injury or problem. Upon arriving you will find a professional and courteous staff of specialists who will thoroughly evaluate your condition, and design and implement a progressive rehabilitation and exercise program to assist you in maximizing your potential for recovery.
What Makes Us Better?
Our staff – Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists and Athletic Trainers.
Our reputation – 8 locations serving the Metro Detroit Area for more than 20 years with outstanding recommendation. Our overall satisfaction rating from patients and doctors is 9.8 out of 10 and most say we exceed their expectations!
Our service – Individualized patient care supervised by licensed therapists, guaranteed evaluations within 48 hours, on-site billing staff for your questions and convenience, extended early morning and evening hours, outstanding physician and case manager feedback.
Our promise – Every member of the Advanced Physical Therapy Team is completely dedicated to your health and well-being. We guarantee an outstanding therapy experience.
NOW PROVIDING FREE CONSULTATIONS TO MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY EXPERIENCING PAIN.
Our therapists specialize in treating pain and orthopedic conditions. Let the professionals at Advanced Physical Therapy help you stay active and without pain! (by appointment only)
* Not applicable to patients in federal or state funded programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid.
* Consultations/screenings do not involve a physical therapy evaluation or treatment.
Our focus is always around your needs as our patient and our goals are to educate you on the nature of your injury and maximize your results by restoring your function, preventing a recurrence, and enhancing your life with your overall experience at Advanced Physical Therapy.
- Aetna EPO
- Aetna Managed Care
- Aetna PPO
- Align Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Federal
- Blue Cross Out of State
- Blue Care Network Advantage
- Blue Cross Complete
- Blue Care Network
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Department of Labor
- Golden Rule
- HAP (Health Alliance Plan)
- HAP ASR
- HAP Senior Plus
- Health Net Veterans Choice
- Health Plus Commercial HMO
- Health Plus Commercial PPO
- Health Plus Medicare Advantage HMO
- Health Plus Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Detroit HMO X
- Humana Group Medicare
- McLaren Health Plan Commercial
- McLaren Health Plan Medicaid
- McLaren Advantage
- Medical Mutual (Monroe Clinic)
- Medicare Plus Blue
- Meritain (through Aetna)
- Meridian Health
- Mutual of Omaha
- Priority Health (PPO, HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid/Michild)
- Self Pay
- Total Health Care (Select PPO ONLY)
- Tricare- Standard
- Tricare- Prime
- UCS Theramatrix
- United Health Care
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- United Health Care Compass
- United Health Care Core
- United Healthcare Navigate
- Vehicle Claims (Auto Ins)
- Work Comp Claims
Insurance Verification can be done for you! For fast and easy verification of benefits, please call 313-565-5198 or 313-565-5188
We accept virtually all major insurance carriers and participate with many local provider networks. Our friendly and helpful customer care staff will be happy to verify your healthcare benefits. Patient benefits are verified prior to the start of treatment and individualized payment plans are available to those without coverage; we’ll work with you to accommodate your individual needs.
Direct Access to Physical Therapy
Michigan is a direct access state so you can save time and money by going to physical therapy right away.
For billing inquiries please contact our central billing department at 313-565-5198 or 313-565-5188
Additional programs are available.
Contact us for information on additional or specialty programs you may need.
- Neck & Head Aches
- Low Back/Spine Conditions
- Surgical Repairs/Reconstruction
- Manual Therapy
- Advanced Physical Therapy offers therapeutic sports and job related rehabilitation for everyone, regardless of their level of competition and work environment. Working together with local orthopaedic physicians and athletic trainers, Advanced PT has ensured rapid, healthy returns for many patients. 98.7% of survey respondents Strongly Agreed they would refer others to our clinics for future care. 92.4% of respondents strongly agreed that they had an exceptional therapy experience. SportingLifesm is a unique program developed at our clinic by a staff which understands sports medicine.
- We work in close conjunction with physicians, trainers, coaches and patients to ensure an expedient return to the individuals maximum performance level. Our spacious state-of-the-art facility with Cybex exercise equipment and modern treatment modalities ensures a rapid road to recovery.
- Custom splints are fabricated by a Registered Occupational Therapist. These can be made for an established patient or during a single visit.
- Thermal plastic is secured with Velcro strapping, allowing ease and comfort for the patient. Splints range in size from a single digit to the entire upper extremity. Patient education regarding application, removal and precautions is also provided.
- The following is a list of splints typically made, but any prescribed splint can be fabricated.• Thumb Spica
• Ulnar Gutter
• Radial Gutter
• Wrist Cock-up
• Resting Hand Splint
• Short Opponens Splint
• Elbow Trough
• Finger Trough
• Boutonniere Deformities
• Mallet Finger Deformities
• Dynamic Splinting (ie Radial Nerve Palsy)
- From preventive measures to post injury rehabilitation and safe, sustained return to work duties, we provide an integrated approach to ensuring
overall client satisfaction. Our industrial specialists will review your own needs and co-develop programs designed to expedite return to work as
well as positively impact future injury costs.
• Functional Capacity Evaluations
• Back Care Education
• On-site Safety & Education
• Pre-Placement Screenings
• Work Conditioning Programs
• Job Evaluations and Ergonomics
• AMA Impairment Ratings
• Repetitive Stress Injury
• Internal Case Management
- Our licensed Physical Therapists provide specialized therapeutic services that address the needs of CRF patients. Therapy sessions last approximately thirty minutes to one hour, depending on the patient’s tolerance. The average number of visits per week is 2-3.
- The physical therapy program is concurrent with the cancer therapy and may last throughout the entire treatment phase. Our program requires a thorough physical therapy evaluation and a team approach with your physician is maintained.
- The Fall Prevention Conditioning Program offered by Advanced Physical Therapy is a therapy program designed to increase independence with functional activities, functional mobility, and safety awareness while decreasing fall risk.
- Our Program uses valid and reliable assessments to determine all the factors affecting each individual’s fall risk. Therapy is then focused on reducing the factors and decreasing fall risk.
- Involves a comprehensive mechanical evaluation of the patient’s spinal condition. Advanced Physical Therapy has created an individualized treatment program emphasizing specific education, exercise, mobilization, self treatment and return to function. This program also serves as a preventative strategy, aimed at correcting the problem and minimizing the risk of it reoccurring.
- A free program offered to Advanced Physical Therapy patients after completion of their treatment in which we extend the exercise program and independent use of our equipment for a 30 day period. Think of it as an added benefit giving your patients the confidence to continue their exercise and strength training independently.
For your convenience, you may print and complete these forms prior to your first visit.
This copy may be faxed, mailed or hand delivered to the clinic. DO NOT EMAIL FORM.
Functional Outcome Questionnaires
Please fill out the appropriate survey prior to your first visit.
For Additional Questions Please Contact Us
Yes. The choice of where you receive therapy is always yours. While the majority of our patients come to us by physician referral/recommendation, many clients request to see us due to our strong clinical reputation in the community.
OUR STAFF – Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists and Athletic Trainers.
OUR REPUTATION – 9 locations serving the Metro Detroit Area for more than 20 years with outstanding recommendation. Our overall satisfaction rating from patients and doctors is 9.8 out of 10 and most say we exceed their expectations!
OUR SERVICE – Individualized patient care supervised by licensed therapists, guaranteed evaluations within 48 hours, on-site billing staff for your questions and convenience, extended early morning and evening hours, outstanding physician and case manager feedback.
OUR PROMISE – Every member of the Advanced Physical Therapy Team is completely dedicated to your health and well-being. We guarantee an outstanding therapy experience.
We operate in a direct access state where, if your insurance plan authorizes self-referral to physical therapy, a physician referral is not necessary for you to be seen by a licensed therapist. Please check with your insurance though as many health insurance plans require a physician’s referral for therapy to be covered. We also offer treatments, services and/or products that do NOT require a referral and are available on a self-pay basis.
We participate in the majority of major health insurance plans including Medicare and Worker’s Compensation. Please contact us prior to your first visit to see if we participate with your specific health plan.
As a service to our patients, we will gladly file claims with your insurance company on your behalf. In order to appropriately submit these claims, we will need to obtain a copy of your insurance identification card to ensure that we have the necessary information.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete any necessary paperwork.
Your therapist will conduct an evaluation of your condition lasting between 60-90 minutes. The evaluation is necessary to create a program designed specifically to address your needs for a maximum recovery.
– Referral slip from your medical doctor
– Your medical insurance card
– Your ID
– If you are getting therapy as a result of a worker’s compensation claim or an automobile accident, you will also need to bring your claim information, including claim number.
Please arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit to fill out any necessary paperwork.
We recommend comfortable clothing such as sweatpants or shorts, a T-shirt or tank-top and sneakers.
Each visit will last 60 – 90 minutes on average. Times vary due to the treatment and exercises being performed.
The regularity of your visits will be determined after your initial evaluation, but most patients have 3 visits each week scheduled.